Solid State Drives

Ζητήστε ή προσφέρετε βοήθεια.
davefretty
Distro: Mint
Επικοινωνία:

Solid State Drives

Δημοσίευση από davefretty » 26 Σεπ 2012, 09:28

I am thinking of spending a bit of cash on a solid state drive for my desktop. I would just be using it for / and will have /home on normal hard disk. Has anybody from the forum done this and how much of a performance boost is it when you boot up machine and start programs. It's not too much for 30 Gb drive at eshop but would just like to know if it's money well spent. ;D

davefretty
Distro: Mint
Επικοινωνία:

Re: Solid State Drives

Δημοσίευση από davefretty » 02 Οκτ 2012, 10:43

After watching various youtube videos I decided to go for it and got this http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.320231 moved my / over and did a few tweaks as mentioned here http://www.howtogeek.com/62761/how-to-t ... rformance/ I don't know whether there is a bit of problem with my 1TB hard drive but it became very slow when opening multiple programs. With the SSD it's much quicker, everything is a better experience and everything more responsive.

I am running a fairly old system with  a 2GHertz Pentium Dual CPU E2180 with 2GB of Ram and for the money I guess it was the best way to improve my experience.

Άβαταρ μέλους
IrDA
Distro: Debian Testing
Επικοινωνία:

Re: Solid State Drives

Δημοσίευση από IrDA » 09 Οκτ 2012, 23:25

David we have a new machine at work that uses an ssd drive for everything apart from /home. I dont have any specific metrics to share and the machine is really capable in terms of cpu and memory overall but I think that the ssd drives makes it feel way snappier than an ordinary drive.

Booting up is a breeze and everything feels geared up.

Απάντηση

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 0 επισκέπτες