eee pc

... σχετικά με το Linux.
Άβαταρ μέλους
alx
Distro: Fedora, Gentoo

Re: eee pc

Δημοσίευση από alx » 24 Μαρ 2009, 15:18

I 'm using Gome-Do on an Aspire One running Fedora 10, without compositing and it works fine. Its original video presentation stated that it looks better with desktop effects enabled, but having tried it in many distros with and without compositing, I can't say that I've noticed any difference (maybe I'm not that observing...).

margaret

Δημοσίευση από margaret » 24 Μαρ 2009, 23:17

OK it would be good to give it a go - I liked it a lot. I'll check out the repositories for 8.04 and get back to you. I think it's about time to get rid of Xandros anyway and I'm leaning towards Ubuntu since I have 'some' knowledge of it.( I'm probably not that observant either, alx :))

margaret

Δημοσίευση από margaret » 04 Μάιος 2009, 22:12

OK Ubuntu eee up and running on my 901, thanks to David  :)

Gnome do is great, although I haven't quite figured it all out yet.( I'm working on it.)

Everything runs great except I had to go back to Flash 9 as Flash 10 seems to have a problem. Googling tells me it has a general problem with Linux???

Also the sound on this netbook is so low I can hardly hear it.
Anyone  have a fix for that? - as I remember it was like that with Xandros, too.

Άβαταρ μέλους
alx
Distro: Fedora, Gentoo

Δημοσίευση από alx » 05 Μάιος 2009, 00:37

I have heard many eee users complaining about the sound, most of them get it (sort of) fixed by setting "Master", "PCM" and "Line Out" to their maximum settings (right click on the speaker icon on the Gnome panel -> Open Volume Control).

If that doesn't quite cut it, you can use the "loudness" effect found in various audio/video players. Fire up the app's equalizer and move up (usually) the first slider, the one that sets the baseline.

margaret

Δημοσίευση από margaret » 05 Μάιος 2009, 08:37

Thanks alx, I'll give it a try.

Απάντηση

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης